Payson Utah Stake
Stake-Sponsored Self-Reliance Groups
The Payson Utah Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints now offers Self-Reliance groups. Groups are offered at various times throughout the year. Course curriculum is studied in a facilitated group setting once a week for 12-week cycles. See the upcoming event schedule for the next kickoff devotional or other related events.
While involved in the program, my husband and I didn't have any huge money miracles-- instead the Lord poured many mini money miracles into our life. I felt like He was saying 'I'm so proud of your efforts to become Self Reliant. I'm not going to take all your struggles away; you'll need those in order to grow and learn, but I am here and I love you. You can do this.'
I always believed he was concerned about every aspect of our life, and this helped me see how he is interested in how we manage money. I believe now that he gives more money to people who share it to further his work.
Upcoming self-reliance related events.
Local Services and Resources
Many organizations in our community provide wonderful resources and services to meet the needs of individuals and families. Click on the resource directory link below to begin to discover the available resources.
Find opportunities to serve.
Springville Self-Reliance Resource Center
Support services and resources are offered at the Springville Self-Reliance Resource Center. All are welcome to access the services available at the center.
• Job search assistance
• Career counseling
• Career workshops
• Resumes and power statements
• Interview skills
• Learn to network
• 6 Steps to Starting Your Job Search
• 7 Myths About Careers
• Local Employment Resources
• Unemployment Assistance
• Church Employment Specialist Training
• Education counseling
• Scholarship workshops
• Search for scholarships
• Application assistance
• Training for groups
What is the Best Education Path?
• Choosing a Major
• LDS Church Education System
• Utah Higher Education System
• Utah Technical Colleges
• Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Analyze Your Career Track
• Small business resources
• Small business counseling
• Networking resources
• Select business articles
• 20 Right and Wrong Reasons to Start Your Own Business
• Utah Business Assistance
• Utah Financing Resources
• Utah County Small Business Development Center - Orem
• Small Business Administration Online Tools and Resources
• Personal finance resources
• Family or individual counseling
• Budgeting assistance
• Financial planning assistance
• 5 Steps to Financial Well-Being
• Start Your Budget (companion to the Self-Reliance Personal Finance group)
- Google Spreadsheet Template
- Microsoft Excel Temaplate
• Busting Your Debt
• 15 Financial Calculators
• Principles of Good Family Finance
REQUEST CENTER ASSISTANCE
“And it is my purpose to provide for my saints, for all things are mine. But it must needs be done in mine own way . . . For the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things.” D&C 104: 15-17
The Springville Self-Reliance Resource Center is designed to assist leaders, individuals and families with self-reliance services and resources. Please contact us for assistance. We will respond to your message as soon as possible.