Heber Utah North Stake Self-Reliance Devotional
For questions contact the Stake Self-Reliance Specialist:
Nathan and Michaela Jarvis
The heber valley's five stakes now offer Self-Reliance groups. Groups are offered at various times throughout the year. Course curriculum is studied in a facilitated group setting once a week for 12-week cycles. See the upcoming event schedule for the next kickoff devotional or other related events.
Upcoming self-reliance related events.
Many organizations in our community provide wonderful resources and services to meet the needs of individuals and families. Together we can help one another become more self-reliance. Click on the resource directory link below to begin to discover the available resources.
Support services and resources are offered at the American Fork Self-Reliance Resource Center. All are welcome to access the services available at the center.
• Job search assistance
• Career counseling
• Career workshops
• Resumes and power statements
• Interview skills
• Learn to network
• 6 Steps to Starting Your Job Search
• 7 Myths About Careers
• Local Employment Resources
• Unemployment Assistance
• LDS Church Employment Specialist Training
• Education counseling
• Scholarship workshops
• Search for scholarships
• Application assistance
• Training for groups
What is the Best Education Path?
• Choosing a Major
• LDS Church Education System
• Utah Higher Education System
• Utah Technical Colleges
• Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Analyze Your Career Track
• Small business resources
• Small business counseling
• Networking resources
• Select business articles
• 20 Right and Wrong Reasons to Start Your Own Business
• Utah Business Assistance
• Utah Financing Resources
• Utah County Small Business Development Center - Orem
• Small Business Administration Online Tools and Resources
• Personal finance resources
• Family or individual counseling
• Budgeting assistance
• Financial planning assistance
• 5 Steps to Financial Well-Being
• Start Your Budget (companion to the Self-Reliance Personal Finance group)
- Google Spreadsheet Template
- Microsoft Excel Temaplate
• Busting Your Debt
• 15 Financial Calculators
• Principles of Good Family Finance
“And it is my purpose to provide for my saints, for all things are mine. But it must needs be done in mine own way . . . For the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things.”
The Heber Valley Resource Center is designed to assist leaders, individuals and families with self-reliance services and resources. Please contact us for assistance. We will respond to your message
as soon as possible.
Find opportunities to serve.