Stake-Sponsored Self-Reliance Groups
The Elk Ridge Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints now offers Self-Reliance groups. Groups are offered at various times throughout the year. Course curriculum is studied in a facilitated group setting once a week for 12-week cycles. See the upcoming event schedule for the next kickoff devotional or other related events.
With each of the Self Reliance classes I have taken my love for Jesus Christ has been deepened. I see Him in all things clearer. I recognize Him guiding me in tender ways. I have come to trust Him more fully, and seek more to understand His will on a daily basis. I have also come to see His mighty hand in the past and know I can trust in Him forever. I know that He is happy as I seek to continue in my self reliance. I have seen miracles from His mighty hand and I expect to see them as I continue forward. I know that He lives, and my LOVE for Him continues to multiply!
I feel much closer to my Father in Heaven. I feel a stronger love He has for me and the promises He has made before I even came to this Earth. I know that the only limitations I have are the ones I set in my mind. But if I kneel in prayer and seek my Heavenly Father's help, I can accomplish anything I have set as my goal.
Upcoming self-reliance related events.
Local Services and Resources
Many organizations in our community provide wonderful resources and services to meet the needs of individuals and families. Click on the resource directory link below to begin to discover the available resources.
Find opportunities to serve.
Springville Employment Center
Support services and resources are offered at the Springville Self-Reliance Resource Center. All are welcome to access the services available at the center.
• Job search assistance
• Career counseling
• Career workshops
• Resumes and power statements
• Interview skills
• Learn to network
• 6 Steps to Starting Your Job Search
• 7 Myths About Careers
• Local Employment Resources
• Unemployment Assistance
• Church Employment Specialist Training
• Education counseling
• Scholarship workshops
• Search for scholarships
• Application assistance
• Training for groups
What is the Best Education Path?
• Choosing a Major
• LDS Church Education System
• Utah Higher Education System
• Utah Technical Colleges
• Financial Aid and Scholarships
• Analyze Your Career Track
• Small business resources
• Small business counseling
• Networking resources
• Select business articles
• 20 Right and Wrong Reasons to Start Your Own Business
• Utah Business Assistance
• Utah Financing Resources
• Utah County Small Business Development Center - Orem
• Small Business Administration Online Tools and Resources
• Personal finance resources
• Family or individual counseling
• Budgeting assistance
• Financial planning assistance
• 5 Steps to Financial Well-Being
• Start Your Budget (companion to the Self-Reliance Personal Finance group)
- Google Spreadsheet Template
- Microsoft Excel Temaplate
• Busting Your Debt
• 15 Financial Calculators
• Principles of Good Family Finance
REQUEST CENTER ASSISTANCE
“And it is my purpose to provide for my saints, for all things are mine. But it must needs be done in mine own way . . . For the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things.” D&C 104: 15-17
The Springville Self-Reliance Resource Center is designed to assist leaders, individuals and families with self-reliance services and resources. Please contact us for assistance. We will respond to your message as soon as possible.